Stainless steel appliances are a perfect combination of expensive look and perfect functionality. They make your kitchen look sophisticated and elegant and yet can fit into almost any style you want. They are loved by homeowners, small bakeries, and the most talented chefs from all over the world. However, they can also be a real nightmare when it comes to cleaning, especially the ones that you use on daily basis. They can be, but it doesn’t mean they have to, because now you’re going to learn how to clean stainless steel ovens effortlessly.
Stainless steel ovens
Stainless steel electric ovens are a perfect match for your kitchen! You can use them to cook those amazing dinners for your friends and family but also bake the most delicious muffins for birthdays and special occasions. And now you don’t even have to keep losing sleep over the cleaning part anymore! The range of stainless steel ovens is quite wide so everyone can find exactly what they’re looking for. However, when choosing the stainless steel electric oven remember to look for the high-quality one – resistant to high temperatures, smudges, and dirt. It will make your life so much easier! Now, let’s get to the do’s and dont’s of cleaning stainless steel!
Cleaning stainless steel ovens
It is not as hard as it seems. Once you know those simple steps and tricks, cleaning your oven will be a piece of cake. Freshly baked of course. First of all, you should find the direction of the grain – it runs either horizontally or vertically. Rub and clean with the grain to give your stainless steel oven an extra shine that you love. Once you solve that mystery, remember to:
- Use a clean, microfiber cloth and dump it with hot water
- Use natural cleaners (you can even make them yourself!) and if you’re using the commercial ones follow the instructions carefully
- Use glass cleaner - it is perfect for getting rid of fingerprints and smudges
- Towel dry the surface to remove any spots
- Use a cloth with few drops of olive oil for a sparkle finish
What to avoid
It may sound surprising, but each appliance can require a different cleaning option depending on the quality and type of stainless steel. The best way to learn exactly how to clean your stainless steel oven is to read the manufacturer’s instructions. That’s where you will find the most important things like the best cleaning products for your appliance and the worst ones, that can damage the surface of your oven. But there are also some general rules as to what to avoid while cleaning stainless steel:
- Don’t clean your oven while it’s still hot – wait until it’s cool
- Avoid any aggressive cleaners with bleach and chloride
- Don’t use any sharp brushes and scrubbing pads, as they might scratch the surface leaving marks
- Hard water can cause spots and stains, so if that happens try filtered or bottled water
Now you know exactly what you need and how to clean your stainless steel electric oven to make it look like brand new everyday!