Choosing a perfect hob is not an easy job. There are many different factors that you need to consider, like the size of the hob or the number of the burners. But there is something that you can decide on right away and it is a stainless steel gas hob. It is practical, it makes your kitchen look great, and is way cheaper than electric hobs. But how to choose a gas hob that will meet all your needs?
Choosing a gas hob
Stainless steel gas hobs come in many different styles and sizes so you can find exactly what you’re looking for. But before you decide you should answer these three simple questions:
- How many burners do you need?
- The standard gas hob has four burners - two big and two small but there are also gas hobs with two, three, five, or even six burners - like the ones produced by alpes inox uk that are designed to meet individual needs of each kitchen.
- What size do you need?
- Again, the size of a standard gas hob is 60 cm but you can also choose the bigger size, even up to 90 cm for a bigger cooking space. Finding the right hob size depends on your cooking habits and the size of your kitchen.
- What type do you need?
- When it comes to stainless steel gas hobs you can choose between built-in or the countertop freestanding hob from alpes inox uk. Each has its pros and cons depending on what you need. A built-in hob is great for any kitchen and fits into any style, while countertop hobs are compatible with more demanding materials like marble or stone and do not involve any drilling.
Is gas hob a good choice
YES! Stainless steel gas hobs are still the most popular choice and it doesn’t seem to change any time soon. Why?
- gas is cheaper than electricity
- visible flames make it easier to control the hob temperature
- it is easy to clean and some parts might be put into the dishwasher
- gas hobs are easy to operate
- gas hobs cool quickly after use
Gas hob safety
First of all, a gas hob needs to be installed by a qualified professional accredited by the Gas Safe Register. This is to ensure that the appliance is installed properly and that it is safe to use it. Also, when it comes to gas hobs safety some have child lock systems, and most of them, like alpes inox uk, has a flame safety technology cutting off the gas supply in case of flames.
Stainless steel gas hobs are a great choice for every kitchen. The wide range of sizes and types makes it easier to find the hob that matches your needs and wants.